IFFCO-TOKIO Swasthya Kavach Health Insurance Policy
Iffco Tokio Swasthya Kavach Family Health Insurance is a family health insurance plan which is designed to cover medical treatment, hospitalisation, surgery and organ transplant expenses in case of an illness or accident.
Key Features of IFFCO-TOKIO Swasthya Kavach Health Insurance Policy
- Cover available for entire family (2 Adults and 2 child)
- Provides an option of Critical Illness Rider
- Emergency assistance provided for services such as care for minor kids, referral, medical consultation etc
What is covered in IFFCO-TOKIO Swasthya Kavach Health Insurance Plan?
- Hospitalisation expenses which includes Room rent, doctors' fee, ICU charges, nursing expenses, surgical fees, operating theatre expenses, anesthesia and oxygen administration expenses.
- Medical expenses incurred 30 days before hospitalization
- All medical expenses incurred after being discharged, that are related to the hospitalisation for a period of 30 days (Base Plan) and 60 days (wider plan) are covered
- 121 listed surgeries are covered under day care expenses (requiring less than 24 hour hospitalisation)
Additional Benefits of IFFCO-TOKIO Swasthya Kavach Health Insurance Plan
- Daily hospitalisation allowance is provided
- Critical illness rider – where the insured is covered for 10 listed critical illness (eg. coma, organ transplant, paralytic stroke, cancer etc.) to the extent of double the sum assured amount.
- Additional sum assured of 5% is provided on renewal if no claims are made in previous year
- Child care assistance, medical consultation etc. provided in case of an emergency
- Expenses for emergency ambulance service is reimbursed
- General health check-up expense reimbursed in case of 4 claim-free years (only in wider plan)
Eligibility and Restrictions of IFFCO-TOKIO Swasthya Kavach Health Insurance Policy
Coverage Amount (in Rs.)
Policy Term (in years)
Entry Age (in years)
Renewable till Age (in years)
Family floater policy will cover
- 2 Adults
- 2 Dependent children
Exclusions - What is not covered in IFFCO-TOKIO Swasthya Kavach Health Insurance Policy?
- All treatments except within first 30 days of taking the policy
- Pre-existing diseases.
- 1 year exclusion on treatments of tonsils, ulcer, cyst and lumps.
- 2 year exclusion on treatment of diseases such as cataract, hysterectomy, sinus, piles etc.
- Acupuncture, naturopathy etc.
- In the base plan, there is 2 year exclusion on treatment of blood cancer, heart disease and renal failure.
Alternate health insurance plans from other insurance companies
ICICI Lombard Family Floater Health insurance policy
Bharti AXA Smart Health insurance policy
Apollo Munich Easy Health insurance policy
Other Health plans from IFFCO-TOKIO
Iffco Tokio Critical Illness policy
Iffco Tokio Individual Medishield