National Insurance Mediclaim Policy
National insurance is one of the leading public sector non-life insurance companies in India. The National Insurance Mediclaim policy is a health insurance policy for individuals and the entire family. The mediclaim plan covers medical expenses incurred by a person due to any disease, illness or injury.
Key Features of National Insurance Mediclaim Policy
- Policy can be renewed up to the age of 80 years
- Provides coverage for dependent parents also
- Cost of treatment in case of an accident where surgery may or may not be involved
What is covered in National Insurance Mediclaim Policy?
- Hospital and Nursing Home Room Rent is provided by this policy up to 1% of the Sum Insured subject to a maximum of Rs.5,000 per day
- There is a limit on the Intensive Care Unit room rent reimbursement of only 2% of Sum Insured, up to a maximum of Rs 10,000 per day
- Surgeon's fees, Consultant's fees, Anesthetist's and Specialist's fees are also paid till a maximum of 25% of Sum Insured
- Cost of medicines and drugs, nursing expenses, operation theatre charges, blood, oxygen, etc is paid for.
- Chemotherapy, radiotherapy, organ replacement, pace maker, etc. are paid till a certain percentage of Sum Insured
Additional Benefits of National Insurance Mediclaim Plan
- Cumulative Bonus and free Health Check-up is provided for continuous renewal
- A discount of 6% in premium is offered if the customer does not choose for cashless benefit
Eligibility and Restrictions of National Insurance Mediclaim Plan
Coverage Amount (in Rs.)
Policy Term (in years)
Entry Age (in years)
Renewable till Age (in years)
Family floater policy will cover
- An individual and/or his spouse
- 2 Dependent children from 3 months age till age 25 years for boys and till marriage for girls
- Dependent parents
Tax Benefits in National Insurance Mediclaim Policy
Premium paid for the national insurance mediclaim policy is exempt from Income Tax under Sec. 80D of the l.T. Act. up to Rs. 15,000 and Rs 20,000 for senior citizen
Exclusions - What is not covered in National Insurance Mediclaim Policy?
- Pre -existing diseases are not covered under this plan even after some years of continuous renewal
- HIV Aids is not included under this policy
- Venereal disease, intentional self-injury, use of drugs or alcohol, congenital external disease, sterility, are not covered
- Certain treatments like dental treatment are not covered
- Hospitalization for purely diagnostic purposes is not included under this plan
- Maternity related expenses and child birth is treated as an exclusion in this plan.
Alternate health insurance plans from other insurance companies
Reliance Mediclaim Policy
Max Bupa Heart Beat Health Insurance
New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy
Other Health plans from National Health Insurance
National Insurance Critical Illness Policy
National Insurance Personal Accident Policy
National Insurance Varistha Senior Citizen Policy