What is covered in New India Assurance Mediclaim Plan?
- Expenses incurred during hospitalisation for the treatment of illness or any injury
- Pre-hospitalisation expenses are covered for 30 days
- Post hospitalisation expenses are payable for 60 days after being discharged
- Policy covers day-care treatments and surgeries where 24 hour hospitalisation for the policy holder is not required.
- Cost of hiring an Ambulance to shift the insured from his/her residence to the hospital
- If the medicines of Ayurvedic / Homeopathic and Unani system are taken in the Government Hospital then the same is also covered
Additional Benefits of New India Assurance Mediclaim Plan
- Pre-existing diseases are covered only after 4 continuous and claim free policy renewal
- Pre-existing conditions like Diabetes, Hypertension and their complications are covered after 2 continuous policy years by paying additional premium.
Eligibility and Restrictions of New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy
Coverage Amount (in Rs.)
Policy Term (in years)
Entry Age (in years)
Renewable till Age (in years)
Family floater policy will cover
- An individual and/or his spouse
- Children between the age of 3 months and 18 years (provided parents are covered)
Tax Benefits in New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy
Premiums for health insurance paid up to Rs. 15,000 and Rs 20,000 for senior citizen are exempted from the taxable income under section 80D of the IT Act.
Exclusions - What is not covered in New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy?
- Diseases contracted within first 30 days of policy issuance
- Dental treatment except arising out of accident
- Circumcision, Cosmetic surgery, Plastic surgery unless required to treat injury or illness
- Cost of getting vaccination and inoculation
- Expenses related to pregnancy and child birth
- Any treatment done outside India
- Any kind of Domiciliary Treatment
- Expenses incurred on any kind of unproven or experimental treatment
- All external equipments such as contact lenses, cochlear implants etc.
- Sexually transmitted diseases and HIV (AIDS)
Compare this plan with other health plans. Click Here.
Some Alternate Health Insurance Plans from other insurance companies
Star Family Health Optima Insurance Plan
Max Bupa Heartbeat Individual Health Insurance Plan
ICICI Lombard Health Advantage Plus
Royal Sundaram Health Shield
Other Health plans from New India Assurance
New India Assurance Personal Accident Policy