Star Health Gain Insurance Plan
Star Health Gain Insurance is a complete health insurance policy for the family which covers medical expenses incurred by a person due to any illness or injury. There is a flat amount of premium irrespective of the sum insured or age of the persons or number persons covered. Hence the maximum number of people covered would be more beneficial under this plan.
Key Features of Star Health Gain Insurance Plan
- Flat amount of Rs.14,725 only irrespective of the sum insured or age of the persons or number of persons covered.
- Coverage for both inpatient and outpatient treatments under one health insurance policy
- Any unutilized amount under outpatient benefit can be carried forward to the next one year
- Pre-existing diseases are covered after 48 months of continuous insurance.
What is covered in Star Health Gain Insurance Policy?
- Hospital room accommodation – Room rent or boarding upto 2% of the sum insured, subject to a maximum of Rs 4000 per day in Class A cities; 1% of the sum insured, subject to a maximum of Rs 3000 per day in Class B cities; 1% of the sum insured, subject to a maximum of Rs 1000 per day in subject to a maximum of Rs 1000 per day in other locations
- Nursing expenses
- Surgeon's fees, Consultant's fees, Anesthetist's and Specialist's fees
- Cost of medicines and drugs
- Emergency ambulance charges for transporting the insured patient to the hospital upto a sum of Rs.750/- per hospitalization and overall limit of Rs.1500/- per policy period
- Pre-hospitalization expenses upto 30 days prior to the date of admission in hospital/nursing home.
- Post-hospitalization expenses calculated @7% of the hospitalization expenses (excluding room rent), subject to a maximum of Rs 5000 (benefit-based).
Additional Benefits of Star Health Gain Insurance Policy
- Pre existing diseases are covered after 48 months of continuous insurance.
- No Third Party Administrator; direct in-house claims settlement
- Free General Physician Consultation over phone. Doctors on duty 24x7.
- Cumulative bonus of 10% for every claim-free year
Eligibility and Restrictions of Star Health Gain Insurance Plan
Coverage Amount (in Rs.)
Policy Term (in years)
Entry Age (in years)
Renewable till Age (in years)
Family floater policy will cover
- An individual and/or his spouse
- 3 Dependent children till age 25 years
Tax Benefits in Star Health Gain Insurance Plan
Health Insurance premiums paid up to Rs. 15,000 and Rs 20,000 for senior citizen are allowed as a deduction from the taxable income each year under section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Exclusions - What is not covered in Star Health Gain Insurance Plan?
- Treatment of illness/disease/sickness contracted by the insured person during the first 30 days from the commencement date of the policy
- First Two Years Exclusions: Cataract, Hysterectomy for Menorrhagia or Fibromyoma, Replacement surgery for knee and/or joint (other than caused by an accident), Prolapse of intervertebral disc (other than caused by accident),varicose veins and varicose ulcers
- First Year Exclusions: Benign Prostate Hypertrophy, Hernia, Hydrocele, Fistula in anus, Piles, Sinusitis and related disorders, congenital internal disease/defects, removal of gallstones and renal stone
- Naturopathy treatment
- Expenses which are purely diagnostic in nature with no positive existence of any disease
- Expenses incurred for non-allopathic treatment
- Treatment of external Congenital disease/defects/anomalies
- Expenses which are mainly cosmetic in nature
Alternate health insurance plans from other insurance companies
Bajaj Allianz Individual Health Guard
Max Bupa Heart Beat Health Insurance
Apollo Munich Maxima Health
Other Health plans from Star Health Insurance
Star Family Health Optima Insurance
Star Health Medi Classic
Star Health Super Surplus