Star Health Medi Classic Insurance Plan
Star Health Medi Classic Insurance is a comprehensive health insurance policy which covers medical expenses incurred by a person due to any illness, disease, sickness, injury or accidents. Personal or car accidental injuries are covered under this plan.
Key Features of Star Health Medi Classic Insurance Plan
- Specially designed to cover accidental injury
- Extensive coverage till the age of 80 years
- No Claim bonus of 2 - 5% is available for family packages for every zero-claim year
What is covered in Star Health Medi Classic Insurance Policy?
- Covers expenses incurred as In-patient hospitalisation, that is, when admitted for a minimum of 24 hours. This category includes the room rent and boarding up to a maximum of Rs.4000/- per day
- Other coverage include nursing expenses, fees for surgeon, consultant, anaesthetist and specialist
- Provides for the cost of medicines and drugs
- Charges incurred for emergency ambulance for transporting the insured patient to the hospital
- Expenses incurred within 30 days prior to the date of admission in hospital / nursing home
- Expenses incurred after being discharged from the hospital, subject to a maximum of Rs. 5000
Additional Benefits of Star Health Medi Classic Insurance Policy
- Hospital Cash - This benefit offers cash reimbursement of Rs.500 for each completed day of hospitalisation. This benefit is applicable only if the insured person is hospitalised.
- Patient Care - This add-on cover compensates for the attendant charges incurred by the insured after being discharged from the hospital. However this is subject to the physician’ s approval of keeping an attendant
- New Born Baby Cover - This rider provides for expenses incurred on a new-born baby from birth up to 5 months. After five months, the baby can be covered as a regular person. Please note that this cover does not cover for post-natal and immunization expenses. Also, this is available only in case of a family floater policy.
Eligibility and Restrictions of Star Health Medi Classic Insurance Plan
Coverage Amount (in Rs.)
Policy Term (in years)
Entry Age (in years)
45 years for SA=Rs 10,00,000
Renewable till Age (in years)
65 years for SA=Rs 10,00,000
Family floater policy will cover
- An individual and/or his spouse
- Two dependent children till they attain the age of 25
Tax Benefits in Star Health Medi Classic Insurance Plan
Premiums paid for health insurance policies are exempted from taxable income up to Rs. 15,000 for individuals and Rs 20,000 for senior citizens.
Exclusions - What is not covered in Star Health Medi Classic Insurance Plan?
- Any treatment undergone by the insured person during the first 30 days from the commencement date of the policy except done due to some accident
- Certain diseases and illnesses are exempted for the first two policy years, for example, cataract, replacement surgery for knee and/or joint and varicose ulcers
- Certain illnesses are exempted for the first policy year such as congenital internal disease/defects, hernia, Benign Prostate Hydrocele, Hypertrophy, piles, fistula in anus, sinusitis and related disorders, removal of gallstones and renal stone
- Naturopathy treatment
- Purely diagnostic expenses where there is no positive confirmation of existence of the disease
- Expenses incurred on external Congenital disease / defects / anomalies
- Expenses which are mainly cosmetic in nature
Alternate Accidental Insurance Plans from other insurance companies
New India Insurance Personal Accident Plan
Tata AIG Accident Guard Plan
Bajaj Allianz Personal Guard Plan
Other Health plans from Star Health Insurance
Star Family Health Optima Insurance
Star Health Gain Insurance
Star Health Super Surplus