Star Health Senior Citizen Red Carpet Insurance Plan
Star Health Senior Citizen Red Carpet Insurance Plan is a comprehensive health insurance policy for senior citizen which covers medical expenses incurred by a person due to any illness, disease sickness, injury or accidents. Senior Citizens require adequate health care at all times and hence it becomes crucial for them to have a proper health insurance policy. This plan of Star health which is specially designed for senior citizen is very popular because it covers pre-existing diseases from the second policy year.
Key Features of Star Health Senior Citizen Red Carpet Insurance Plan
- Specially for individuals between the age group of 60 and 74 years
- No medical tests are required for this policy
- Pre-existing diseases are covered from the second policy year
What is covered in Star Health Senior Citizen Red Carpet Insurance Policy?
- Hospital room accommodation – is provided upto 1% of sum insured and upto 2% of sum insured for ICU expenses
- Nursing expenses, Surgeon's fees, Consultant's fees, Anesthetist's and Specialist's fees are all included.
- Emergency ambulance charges are paid till specific limit as mentioned.
- Cost of medicines and drugs, blood, oxygen, pace-maker and diagnostic tests are covered till 50% of sum insured.
- Post hospitalization benefits are paid for upto 7% of hospitalization expenses upto a maximum of Rs 5000.
Additional Benefits of Star Health Senior Citizen Red Carpet Insurance Policy
- Disease for which treatment or advice was recommended by or received during the immediately preceding 12 months from the date of proposal will be covered from second year onwards.
- Certain treatment have an upper limit mentioned as below:
- Cardiovascular Diseases and Cerebrovascular Accident/Cancer and breakage of Bones: Upto Rs.75,000 for sum insured of Rs.1,00,000 and upto Rs.1,50,000 for sum insured of Rs.2,00,000
- Both eyes Cataract surgery is covered upto Rs.15,000
- Renal Complications upto Rs.75,000 for sum insured of Rs.1,00,000 and upto Rs.1,50,000 for sum insured of Rs.2,00,000
- Other Major Surgeries are covered upto Rs.60,000 for sum insured of Rs.1,00,000 and upto Rs.1,20,000 for sum insured of Rs.2,00,000
Eligibility and Restrictions of Star Health Senior Citizen Red Carpet Insurance Plan
Coverage Amount (in Rs.)
Policy Term (in years)
Entry Age (in years)
Renewable till Age (in years)
Family floater policy will cover
§ Not available with this plan.
Tax Benefits in Star Health Senior Citizen Red Carpet Insurance Plan
Health Insurance premiums paid in any mode other than cash up to Rs. 15,000 and Rs 20,000 for senior citizen are allowed as a deduction from the taxable income each year under section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Exclusions - What is not covered in Star Health Senior Citizen Red Carpet Insurance Plan?
- Initial waiting period of 30 days from commencement of the policy, no claims will be admitted.
- Certain diseases are excluded in the first year of operation like Fistula in anus, Piles, Sinusitis and related disorders, congenital internal disease/defects, removal of gallstones and renal stone, Benign Prostate Hypertrophy, Hernia, Hydrocele
- Some of the diseases are excluded in the first Two Years of operation, which are knee replacement surgery which is caused other than by an accident, Cataract, Hysterectomy for Menorrhagia or Fibromyoma, Prolapse of inter-vertebral disc (other than caused by accident),varicose veins and varicose ulcers
- Cosmetic surgery and Naturopathy treatment are not included
- Expenses which are purely diagnostic in nature is also not included in this plan
Alternate Senior Citizen Insurance Plans from other insurance companies
National Insurance Varistha Mediclaim Policy
New India Assurance Mediclaim
Bajaj Allianz Silver Health for Senior Citizen
Other Health plans from Star Health Insurance
Star Family Health Optima Insurance
Star Health Gain Insurance
Star Health Super Surplus
Star Health Medi Classic