Diabetes is a group of metabolic diseases in which there are high blood sugar levels over a prolonged period. Diabetes is due to either the pancreas not producing enough insulin or the cells of the body not responding properly to the insulin produced.
Types of DM:
Type 1 DM results from the pancreas' failure to produce enough insulin.
Type 2 DM begins with insulin resistance, a condition in which cells fail to respond to insulin properly. As the disease progresses a lack of insulin may also develop. The primary cause is excessive body weight and not enough exercise.
Type 3 DM Gestational diabetes, is the third main form and occurs when pregnant women without a previous history of diabetes develop a high blood sugar level.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Diabetes
Weight gain/unusual weight loss
Cuts and bruises don't heal properly or quickly
More skin and/or yeast infections
Gums are red and/or swollen - Gums pull away from teeth
Frequent gum disease/infection
Numbness or tingling, especially in your feet and hands
How to control Diabetes?
Diabetes is one of the fast growing life>
- Holy Basil (tulsi) leaves – consume 2-3 leaves on an empty stomach to lower blood sugar
- Flax seeds (Alsi) – one table spoon, every morning, on an empty stomach, with warm water
- Leaves of bilberry (neelabadari) plant – 100 mgs on an empty stomach every day
- Cinnamon (dalchini) - 1 gram of dalchini into your daily diet for about a month to help lower blood sugar levels
- Green Tea – every morning or before meals
- Drumstick leaves – 1/4th extract on an empty stomach every morning
- Psyllium husk (Isabgol) – after every meal ideally with milk or water, avoid curd.
- Bitter gourd (Karela) – vegetable once a weak, for quick results – juice of karela on empty stomach once in 3 days
- Neem - Drink the juice of the tender shoot of neem leaves on an empty stomach for best results
- Indian blackberry (Jamun) – 5-6 pieces in the morning or seeds powder with water/milk