LIC Jeevan Amar Plan in Hindi >
LIC Jeevan Amar Plan - Table No. 855
This is the newly launched pure term insurance plan from LIC. Being a term insurance insurance plan, you get large covers at very affordable premiums and hence forms the best form of protection. This plan will be sold offline and it much more affordable than the LIC Amulya Jeevan II which was the earlier offering. Also, this plan has enough flexibility compared to the earlier offering.
||6th August, 2019
||Table No. 855
Key Features of LIC Jeevan Amar Policy
- 2 Options to choose the life cover
- Level sum assured
- Increasing sum assured
- LIfe insurance available till the age of 80
- Flexibility in choosing the death benefit payout
- In lump sum
- In installments over 5,10 or 15 years
- Flexibility to choose how long to pay premiums
- Single premium
- Regular Premium
- Limited Premium
- Accident Death Benefit rider is available
- Lower premium rates for non-smokers
- Lower premium rates for women
- Tax Benefits
Let us understand more about this plan in detail.
Choice of Cover -
How does LIC Jeevan Amar work?
You have the option of selecting this option at the time of purchase.
Premium payments -
- Level Sum Assured - Here the cover amount will remain the same throughout the policy term.
- Increasing Sum Assured - Here the cover amount will increase with the policy term. There will be no change in the cover amount in the first 5 years. This will be called the Basic Sum Assured (BSA). The cover amount will increase by 10% of the BSA every year, for the next 15 years or the end of the policy term (whichever is earlier). After that, the cover amount will not increase. The increase Sum Assured will be capped at 2 times the Basic Sum Assured.
Depending on your comfort levels you can choose to make premiums based on the following:
Death Benefit Payout -
- Single Premium - Pay just once and enjoy the cover throughout the policy term without worrying about any future payments. Best for those who do not have a source of regular predictable income and have cash-in-hand now.
- Regular Premium - In this option, you have to pay every year, throughout the policy term. So if you have chosen a term till the age of 80, you will have to make payments till that time
- Limited Premiums - This option has become popular with the onset for longer policy terms. Best for those who want to finish paying their premiums during their working years or immediately after that and continue enjoying the cover for the full term. You can choose a premium payment term as follows:
- Policy term minus 5 years
- Policy term minus 10 years
You can choose to have the death benefit payable to the nominee in lumpsum or in parts.
- Lumpsum Payout - The entire death benefit of Sum Assured will be paid to the nominee at one go.
- Installment Payouts - You can also choose to have part of the death benefit in lumpsum and the balance in installments over a period of 5, 10 or 15 years. This mode can be useful in case you want to maintain a regular cash flow for your loved ones.
You can choose to take the Accidental Death Benefit Rider by paying an extra amount. In case of death due to accident, you will get the Rider benefit in addition to the Sum Assured in the plan.
Premium comparison of LIC Jeevan Amar Plan
This comparison of premiums will give you a better idea of how the plan is priced in comparison to other plans from LIC and its competition.
Sum Assured -
Policy Term -
Age of policyholder -
including taxes will be as follows:
LIC Jeevan Amar
|HDFC Life’s Click 2 Protect 3D Plus
|ICICI Prudential’s iProtect Smart
|LIC’s e-Term Plan
|LIC’s Jeevan Amar
which is an offline plan is slightly more expensive than the online option from LIC e-Term Plan
Benefits in the LIC Jeevan Amar Plan
In case of sad demise of policy holder, his nominee will be paid the Sum Assured.
As this is a pure term insurance plan, there is no maturity benefit.
Eligibility Conditions in LIC Jeevan Amar Policy
|Age at Entry
||18 years (Last Birthday)
||65 years (Last Birthday)
||28 years (Last Birthday)
||80 years (Last Birthday)
|Basic Sum Assured
||Rs. 25 Lakhs
|Premium Payment Options
||Regular Premium : Same as policy term
Limited Premium : Policy Term - 5 (For policy term 10 to 4 years)
Limited Premium : Policy Term - 10 (For policy term 15 to 40 years)
Single Premium : Single Payment
||Regular Premium - Rs. 3,000/-
Single Premium - Rs. 30,000/-
Other Features of LIC Jeevan Amar Policy
Tax Benefits -
This plan will have benefits under Section 80C and Section 10 (10D).
Surrender Value -
No surrender value available under regular and limited pay option but you will get it in single pay and limited pay option.
Free look Period -
if the policyholder is not convinced with the terms and conditions of the policy, s/he can cancel the policy within 15 days from the receipt of the policy document.
That pretty much explains the workings of the LIC Jeevan Amar Term Insurance Policy
. If you have any questions on this plan, please drop a comment and we will surely get back with our inputs.