ICICI Lombard Personal Protect Policy Summary
Accidental insurance safeguards you and your family from financial expenses incurred because of an accident. Personal Protect
is a personal accident insurance plan from ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company which ensures the well-being of the insured person after an accident. This plan helps the insured by providing financial backing to them in case of an unfortunate accident.
||ICICI LOMBARD Personal Protect
||Personal Accident Plan
Key Features of ICICI Lombard Personal Accident policy
- Complete sum insured paid in case of accidental death and permanent total disablement to the insured.
- Optional coverage against Accidental Hospitalization Expenses and Accidental Hospital Daily Allowance can be availed.
- Customized coverage that allows you to choose between Rs 3 Lakhs, Rs 5 Lakhs, Rs 10 Lakhs, Rs 15 Lakhs, Rs 20 Lakhs and Rs 25 Lakhs Sum Insured
- There is no health checkup required for issuance of the policy
Looking for accident protection - Compare and get the best personal accident insurance plan
Eligibility criteria - ICICI Lombard Personal Accident policy
||Min - 18 years
Max - 65 years
||1, 3 & 5 years
Benefits of ICICI Lombard Personal Accident policy
If the insured dies because of an accident, the complete sum insured will be paid to the nominee as ‘Death Benefit’.
Permanent total disability:
If the insured is suffering from permanent total disablement due to an accident, he/she is entitled to receive 100% payout of the sum-insured. What constitutes Permanent Total Disability in this plan - Know more
Permanent partial disability:
This term means a partial or semi form of total disability. Payout in this term merely depends on the severity of disability that occurred because of an accident. For detailed information related to this disability Click here
Temporary total disability:
Weekly compensation shall be given for the loss of income in this benefit. Maximum amount up to shall be given in this benefit for up to certain weeks mentioned in the policy schedule.
Hospital daily allowance:
In this feature daily cash benefit is provided to the insured for accidental hospitalization. This feature can be availed only when the hospitalization confinement occurs within 7 days of accident.
Accidental Hospitalization Expenses:
In this feature the insured is eligible for hospitalization benefit. Medical expenses that tend to be reasonable and necessary and certainly arising due to an accident within the policy period are covered in this feature. This feature can be availed only if the hospitalization takes place within 7 days from the date of accident.
In this feature the company pays the amount incurred for transporting the insured person to the hospital. Maximum amount available for reimbursement in this feature is mentioned in the policy schedule.
When insured dies because of an accident then in such a case a certain % of sum insured is provided by the company as funeral or cremation expenses.
Repatriation of mortal remains:
In this benefit, lump sum payment shall be given by the company for transporting the mortal remains from the place of accident to the insured’s residence or burial ground.
If the insured dies because of an accident then in such a situation a certain % of sum-insured will be given by the company to the surviving child for educational purposes.
Exclusions in ICICI Lombard personal accident policy
The company shall not be liable under this policy for:
- Payment of any claim for Hospitalization where such Hospitalization does not commence within 7 days of Accident, provided that the Accident occurs within the Policy Period/Policy Year.
- Any hospitalization not arising out of an accidental injury.
- Also includes Dental treatment, eye treatment and plastic surgery unless necessitated as a consequence of an accidental injury.
- Intentional self-injury, suicide or attempted suicide.
- While under the influence of intoxicating drugs or liquor.
- Claim arising out of childbirth or pregnancy, except ectopic pregnancy or in consequence thereof.
- venereal disease or insanity or mental, nervous or emotional disorder.
- insured person committing any breach of law with criminal intent.
Adverse situations arising from an accident are likely to occur in today’s time, in such an event one needs to be financially stable with an accidental insurance. Secure yourself and family by buying ICICI Lombard Personal Protect Accident Policy from any misfortune because of an accident.
You can also compare and buy the best health insurance plans in India
at MyInsuranceClub. Our trained and certified team will help you get the right one for your family.