HDFC ERGO my:health Personal Accident Insurance
HDFC ERGO my:health Personal Accident Insurance is a comprehensive personal accident insurance, that allows you and your family to be financially secure, after an untoward event. It covers death and disability of a policy holder caused by an accident. It offers a lump sum amount to the policyholder's family (in the event of death) or to the policyholder (in case of disability). You can take this policy if you are between 5 years to 70 years of age. Children between the ages of 5 years to 18 years can be insured only if either parent is also covered. Present completed age as on last birthday will be considered.
Key Features of HDFC ERGO my:health Personal Accident Insurance?
my:health Personal Accident Insurance is designed to provide compensation towards accidental injury resulting in death or disablement within 12 calendar months of the accident.
This policy comes with multiple options to choose from including:
- Accidental Death only
- Accidental Death or Permanent Total Disability
- Accidental Death or Permanent Partial or Total Disability
- Accidental Death or Permanent Total Disability or Permanent Partial Disability or Temporary Total Disability
Accident Benefit - This benefit provides compensation for a physical loss (death or disablement) due to an accidental injury within a period of 12 months from the date of the accident.
Cumulative Bonus - The "Sum Insured" of your policy progressively increases by 5% on every renewal, for every claim-free year, subject to a maximum accumulation of 50% of your Sum Insured.
Additional Benefits of HDFC ERGO my:health Personal Accident Insurance
Education Benefit -Cost of education of dependent children is covered in case of Accidental Death or loss of limbs/eyes or permanent total disablement
- For one dependent child up to the age of 23 years, 10% of Capital Sum Insured is paid, up to a maximum of 12,500
- For more than one dependent children up to the age of 23 years, 10% of Capital Sum Insured is paid, up to a maximum of 25,000 for all children
Loss of Employment Benefit - (Once during the policy period) - Financial compensation of 15,000/- or 1% of Sum Insured whichever is lower is provided in the event of loss of employment following an accident resulting in loss of limbs/eyes or permanent total or partial disablement
Additional Expenses Covered -
- Transportation Expenses – Expenses incurred on transportation of the mortal remains is also covered up to 2% of the Sum Insured or 2500/- whichever is lower
- Ambulance Charges - Charges paid for transportation to the hospital by an ambulance will be paid up to 1000/-
- Out Patient Medical Expenses - In addition to the Accidental Death or disablement benefits, the policy provides reimbursement up to 1000/- per accident or a maximum of 2500 per policy, for medical expenses incurred for treatment following an accident.
Exclusions - What is not covered in HDFC ERGO My:health Personal Accident Insurance?
Any existing disability prior to the inception of this policy
- Compensation/Claim under more than one of the categories mentioned in the policy which exceeds the Capital Sum Insured
- Claims arising of sickness/illness
- Death or Disablement caused due to
- Intentional self-injury, suicide or attempted suicide;
- Whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Whilst engaging in any sort or form of adventurous sport
- Committing any breach of law with criminal intent
- Child birth, pregnancy or related ailments
- Trespassing into any public or private property
Alternate Accidental Insurance Plans from other insurance companies
Tata AIG Accident Guard Plan
Bajaj Allianz Personal Guard Plan
New India Assurance Personal Accident Policy