TATA AIG Accident Guard Plus Personal Accident Plan Summary
Accident Guard Plus
is a personal accidental insurance plan from TATA AIG. This plan will secure you from financial losses incurred because of an accident. This plan comes up with some exclusive benefits mentioned in the benefit section.
||TATA AIG Accident Guard Plus
||Personal Accident Insurance
Key Features of TATA AIG Accident Guard Plus Personal Accident Policy
- 100% payout of the capital sum insured in the case of ‘Accidental Death’.
- 100% payout of the capital sum insured in the case of Permanent Total Disablement.
- Maximum payout for Permanent Partial Disablement shall be 75% of Accidental Death sum insured.
- Sum Insured available from Rs. 5 lakhs to Rs. 5 Crores.
- Weekly compensation in Temporary Total Disablement of maximum of Rs. 50,000 up to 104 weeks.
Looking for the best personal accident plan? Get started with a personal accident insurance comparison
Eligibility Criteria in TATA AIG Accident Guard Plus Personal Accident Policy
||18 to 70 years
|Policy is for
||Individual and Family
||Life Long Renewal
||1, 2 3 years
Benefits in TATA AIG Accident Guard Plus Personal Accident Plan
If the insured person dies because of an accident, then the sum insured will be paid to the nominee in the form of ‘Death Benefit’.
Permanent Total Disability:
It refers to a total disability which is permanent in nature occured due to an accident. If such disability occurs within 365 days of the accident date then the insured is entitled to receive 100% of accidental death sum insured.
Permanent Partial Disability:
It refers to a partial or semi disability which is permanent in nature. It is a disability occuring during the policy period and commencing within 365 days from the date of an accident. Payout of this disability depends on the severity of the disability. To know about listed disabilities and their payout click here
Hospital Daily Cash:
Daily cash benefit of Rs. 5,000 or 0.5 percent of sum insured whichever is lesser for accidental hospitalization is provided up to a maximum of 60 days.
If the insured person gets into a comatose state because of an accident then the insured gets a payout of 10% of accidental death sum insured or up to Rs. 5 lacs whichever is lower.
Funeral Benefit and Repatriation of Remains:
Transportation expenses of mortal remains of the insured from the place of accident till the residence is covered in this benefit. Payout of Rs. 25,000 or 1 % of sum insured whichever is less will be provided in this benefit.
In case of death of the insured, this benefit covers the outstanding amount in case of death of the primary insured. Maximum cap of this benefit is 25% of sum insured or the actual loan amount whichever is lesser.
Temporary Total Disability:
Weekly compensation up to 1% of sum insured or Rs. 50,000 whichever is less shall be given in the case of temporary total disability. Payout will be held for a maximum of 104 weeks for this benefit.
This benefit covers the expenses incurred for transporting the insured person to the hospital through ambulance. Payout up to Rs. 25,000 shall be provided by the company in this case.
Cost of artificial limbs:
This feature is applicable in the case of permanent total disability and permanent partial disability. Payout up to 10% of accidental death sum insured or Rs. 1 lac whichever is lesser shall be provided by the company. For eg: Prosthetic legs or prostheses.
Cost of Crutches:
This feature Covers the cost of crutches/wheelchair necessitated due the disability caused by the Permanent Total Disability or Permanent Partial Disability. Payout for this feature ranges up to Rs 1 lac or 10% of the accidental death benefit Sum Insured or actual cost whichever is lesser.
This feature is applicable in the case of fracture,dislocation or burns. Payout will be completely based on the severity of the disability.
This benefit covers the expenses incurred for transporting the insured person to the hospital through air ambulance. Payout up to Rs 5 lacs or actual expenses incurred shall be provided by the company in this case.
Child Tuition Benefit:
If the insured dies because of an accident then in such a situation 10% of sum-insured, upto a maximum Rs.1 lakhs whichever is less will be given by the company to the surviving child for educational purposes. This feature is available for a maximum of 4 consecutive years.
Exclusions in TATA AIG Accident Guard Plus Personal Accident Plan
This Policy does not provide benefits for any loss resulting in whole or in part from, or
expenses incurred, directly or indirectly, in respect of:
- Losses that do not occur within the policy period.
- Ionizing radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear waste from combustion of nuclear fuel; or The radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosion, nuclear assembly or nuclear component.
- Asbestosis or other related sickness or disease resulting from the existence, production, handling, processing, manufacture, sale, distribution of asbestos or other products.
- War or any act of war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, war like operations (whether war be declared or not or caused during service in the armed forces of any country), civil war, public defense, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped acts, nuclear weapons/materials.
- Suicide, attempted suicide (whether sane and insane) or intentionally self-inflicted injury or illness.
For more details on benefits and exclusions, please refer the policy wordings before
concluding a sale.
TATA AIG Accident Guard Plus Personal Accident Plan ensures financial safety from any misfortune due to an accident. After taking this plan you don't need to burn your pockets if such an event takes place.
You can also compare and buy the best mediclaim policy
at MyInsuranceClub. Our trained and certified team will help you get the right one for your family.