Bharti AXA SmartTraveller Student Travel Insurance Plan
Bharti AXA SmartTraveller
Student is a travel insurance plan for young students going abroad for studies. The plan provides cover against risks pertaining to emergency medical expenses such as diseases, critical illness, injuries and travel-related contingencies such as loss of baggage, passport, and personal accident.
Who should Bharti AXA SmartTraveller Student Travel Insurance Plan?
Young students going abroad for studies who need to be covered against potential threats like diseases, critical illnesses, or serious injuries.
Key Features of Bharti AXA SmartTraveller Student Travel Insurance Plan
- One Company for end to end handling
- Quick Online purchase
- Toll free number for claims assistance from any part of the globe
- Customized, affordable Travel plans for students
- Cost for pre-existing illness/ailment/disease, is covered
- Choice to select the variant (Smart Traveller Student - Standard, Silver, Gold, Platinum)
- Extension of covers
What does Bharti AXA SmartTraveller Student Travel Insurance Plan?
- Medical Expenses inclusive of Repatriation and Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Study interruption
- Dental Care Expenses
- Personal Accident
- Accidental Death & Permanent Total Disability – Common Carrier
- Daily Allowance in case of Hospitalization
- Payment of daily Allowance
- Compassionate Visit
- Loss of Passport, Travellers cheques, Travelling tickets/ documents
- Total Loss or Delay of checked Baggage
- Personal Liability
- Bail Bond
- Legal Expenses
Bharti AXA SmartTraveller Student Travel Insurance Plan Variants
The variants offered by Smart Traveller Insurance policy are:
Snapshot of Basic cover & Premium, variant wise
|Particulars of Benefit
||SmartTraveller Student-Standard (in USD $)
||SmartTraveller Student-Silver (in USD $)
||SmartTraveller Student-Gold (in USD $)
||SmartTraveller Student-Platinum (in USD $)
(in USD $)
|Medical Expenses, including coverage(s)
|Dental Treatment Expenses
|Accidental Death and Dismemberment – Common Carrier
|Daily Allowance is case of Hospitalisation
||100 per day for 8 days after 2 days
||250 per day for 8 days after 2 days
||400 per day for 8 days after 2 days
||600 per day for 8 days after 2 days
|Loss of Passport and Documents
|Total loss of checked Baggage
|Delay of checked Baggage
||Worldwide Including USA and Canada
||Worldwide Excluding USA and Canada
Bharti AXA SmartTraveller Student Travel Insurance Plan Eligibility Criteria
|Sum Assured (in USD $)
- The Insured should be a student, continuing for academic courses in a Foreign country
- The policy will be issued for minimum 30 days and maximum 2 years, which can be extendable
Exclusions in Bharti AXA SmartTraveller Student Travel Insurance Plan
1. Medical Expenses (inclusive of Repatriation and Emergency Medical Evacuation)
- Daily Allowance in case of hospitalization
- Compassionate Visit benefits
- Routine examinations
- Expenses for rest or recuperation at spa/ health resort/ sanatorium
- Pregnancy (including childbirth, miscarriage, abortion or related complications
- Treatment relating to the removal of physical flaws or anomalies (cosmetic treatment or plastic surgery)
2. Cosmetic surgery, it’s medically necessary as part of treatment for accidents and burns whilst being abroad.
3. Suicide attempted or wilfully self-inflicted injury or illness, mental disorder, anxiety, stress or depression, venereal disease, alcoholism, drunkenness or the abuse of drugs, or any loss arising, directly or indirectly, from any injury, illness, death, loss, expense, or other liability attributable to HIV and/or any HIV related illness including AIDS and/or any mutant derivative or variation thereof however caused.
4. Treatment which could be reasonably delayed until the Insured’s return to India, which will be decided jointly by the treating Physician and the Emergency Assistance Service Provider and shall be in agreement with accepted standards of medical care.
5. The Insured taking part in naval, military or air force operations; war and nuclear perils
6. Insured engaging in air travel unless he or she flies as a Fare Paying passenger in an aircraft licensed to carry passengers.
7. Winter sports, such as mountaineering and such other professional sports or any other hazardous or potentially dangerous sport for which the Insured members are adequately trained, physically fit and using proper equipment and that too only if specifically agreed and mentioned in the policy schedule.
8. Hazardous occupation, or if engaged in any criminal or illegal act
9. Medical Expenses in respect of Experimental, investigational or unproven treatments or treatments which are not consistent with or incidental to the diagnosis and treatment of the positive existence or presence of any Illness for which confinement is required at a Hospital. Any Illness or treatment which is a result or a consequence of undergoing such experimental or unproven treatment.
10. Naturopathy treatment.
11. Non Allopathic treatment e.g. - Ayurvedic, Yogic, Homeopathic, Unani treatment(s).
Claim Process for Bharti AXA SmartTraveller Student Travel Insurance Plan
|In case of claim, contact on the given numbers:
|Rest of the world (Call back number)
||+91 11 47324403