Compare & Get
The Best Two Wheeler Insurance Plan
What is Two Wheeler Insurance?
Two wheeler insurance provides protection to your bike in case of any accidental damage or theft. It also covers any damage which may be caused to someone else due to any accident involving your bike. Third party insurance is mandatory as per law.
Reasons to Buy/Renew Bike Insurance Online
- Instant policy issuance
- You can get the cheapest premiums by comparing across companies
- Select the best features from multiple insurance companies
- Instant renewal at best rates with just a few clicks
Types of Bike Insurance Plans in India
There are 2 types of insurance which you can take for your bike.
Third party cover only
Better known as TP insurance, this covers the damage which you may cause to someone else - their life, property or vehicle. This component of insurance is mandatory as per law and you should have this.
This is a combination of TP and Own Damage (OD) Cover. In addition to the TP cover, the OD component will protect your own vehicle in case of damage or theft.
Benefits of Two Wheeler Insurance
Add-On Covers for Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
Whenever parts need replacement, the insurance company will only pay for the depreciated value and the balance will need to be paid by you. With this add-on cover, the complete price of the new replaced part will be borne by the insurer.
In case you are stuck in some place and your bike will just not start, this cover will provide assistance in the form of towing, puncture repair, minor repairs or emergency fuel.
Engine Protection Cover
In case the engine is damaged due to oil leakages, natural calamities or water seepage, this cover will provide the added protection.
You can additionally cover any accessories fitted on your bike.
Return to Invoice cover
In case of theft or total damage of your bike, this cover will provide the price mentioned in the invoice rather than the depreciated value of the vehicle.
Tyre Damage Cover
In case of damage to your tyre, this cover will bear the cost of replacement.
NCB Protection Cover
Normally you are eligible for a no-claims bonus only if you do not make a claim in your policy. With this add-on cover, you will get the no-claim bonus discount even if you have made a claim in the policy.
Key Loss Cover
In case you lose the key to your bike, you will not have to bear the expenses, which sometimes goes to a few thousand rupees. With this cover, the cost of key replacement is borne by the insurance company.
How to Renew Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Online?
Renewing your bike insurance is a fairly quick and simple process. You can visit our site and get it instantly renewed.
- Step 1 - Input details of your bike
- Step 2 - Input details of your last insurance policy
- Step 3 - Get quoted from multiple insurers. You can easily port from one insurer to another at the time
- Step 4 - Select the insurer of your choice
- Step 5 - Fill the KYC details
- Step 6 - Make payment
- Step 7 - Get the policy instantly
Factors Affecting Two Wheeler Insurance Premium
of your bike
Which Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Cover suits you best?
For most people, the choice of bike insurance boils down to price and the brand - they do not look beyond that. However, there are a few other factors which you want to consider. The wide array of attractive add-on covers which are available could influence your decision - most insurance companies offer a few add-ons and not all of them. Then the list of cashless network garages in your area could influence the choice of insurance policy.
Components of your Bike Insurance Premium
|Own Damage Premium (OD)
|NCB as a % of above
|Add-on covers opted
|Sum of OD - A
|Third Party Premium (TP)
|PA cover to Owner-driver
|PA cover for unnamed passengers
|Legal liability cover for paid driver
|Sum of TP - B
|Sum of both A + B
|GST @ 18%
|Total Premium (in ₹)
Tips to lower your Two Wheeler Insurance Premium
- Avoid claiming for small expenses
- Drive safely and avoid claims, get higher No-Claims Bonus
- Renew your policy on time - do not let it lapse
- Take only essential covers - avoid unnecessary add-on covers
- Opt for a higher voluntary deductible, if you have a history of not making claims
Second-hand Bike Insurance Online
Second-hand bikes can also be renewed online just like any other bike. There is no change in the process. You should have the bike transferred to your name on the RC book after which you can search for premiums from different bike insurance companies to insure your bike. The policy issuance will be instant.
Documents required to avail Bike Insurance Online
You should have the following documents with you while buying your bike insurance.
Registration Book or Card
Details of previous insurance policy
Why should you Renew Expired Bike Insurance immediately?
Insurance renewal should always be done on time. While some companies do offer seamless renewal within a certain period of lapsation, it should not be taken for granted. The insurance company may insist on a physical inspection of the bike in case of a lapsed policy. They may then insist on getting all the small scratches and damages to your bike fixed at your expenses before they provide the coverage. Hence, always renew your bike insurance on time.
Two Wheeler Insurance Claim Settlement Process
In case of damage to your vehicle, the following steps needs to be followed:
- Step 1 - Inform the insurance company about the incident
- Step 2 - Arrange to get the bike to the service centre. In case you have opted for Roadside assistance, you can ask the insurance company to arrange for a towing facility.
- Step 3 - The insurance company will send a surveyor who will assess the damage and the price to fix the same.
- Step 4 - In case it is a network garage of the insurance company, a cashless claim is possible. In case it is not a network garage, you will have to pay the garage and then claim reimbursement from the insurance company.
FAQs on Two Wheeler Insurance
What is NCB in Bike Insurance?
What is IDV in Bike Insurance?
What is Covered Under Two Wheeler Insurance Policy?
What is Not Covered Under Two Wheeler Insurance Policy?
- Not having a valid driving licence
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Not following traffic rules
- Electrical or mechanical failures
- Damage due to war, terrorism, radioactivity & natural calamities