One of the significant benefit of the LIC Jeevan Arogya Policy is the Major...
Diabetes is a group of metabolic diseases in which there are high blood sugar levels over a prolonged period. Diabetes is due to either the pancreas not producing enough insulin or the cells of the body not responding properly to the insulin produced.
Types of DM:
Type 1 DM results from the pancreas' failure to produce enough insulin.
Type 2 DM begins with insulin resistance, a condition in which cells fail to respond to insulin properly. As the disease progresses a lack of insulin may also develop. The primary cause is excessive body weight and not enough exercise.
Type 3 DM Gestational diabetes, is the third main form and occurs when pregnant women without a previous history of diabetes develop a high blood sugar level.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Diabetes
Weight gain/unusual weight loss
Cuts and bruises don't heal properly or quickly
More skin and/or yeast infections
Gums are red and/or swollen - Gums pull away from teeth
Frequent gum disease/infection
Numbness or tingling, especially in your feet and hands
How to control Diabetes?
Diabetes is one of the fast growing lifestyle disorder that can be effectively managed with few lifestyle modifications and eating a healthy diet. Although there are numerous treatment options available to keep your blood sugar levels in control, home remedies can work wonders in achieving this task. Here are top 10 effective home remedies to maintain your blood sugar levels and lead a healthy life with diabetes:
- Holy Basil (tulsi) leaves – consume 2-3 leaves on an empty stomach to lower blood sugar
- Flax seeds (Alsi) – one table spoon, every morning, on an empty stomach, with warm water
- Leaves of bilberry (neelabadari) plant – 100 mgs on an empty stomach every day
- Cinnamon (dalchini) - 1 gram of dalchini into your daily diet for about a month to help lower blood sugar levels
- Green Tea – every morning or before meals
- Drumstick leaves – 1/4th extract on an empty stomach every morning
- Psyllium husk (Isabgol) – after every meal ideally with milk or water, avoid curd.
- Bitter gourd (Karela) – vegetable once a weak, for quick results – juice of karela on empty stomach once in 3 days
- Neem - Drink the juice of the tender shoot of neem leaves on an empty stomach for best results
- Indian blackberry (Jamun) – 5-6 pieces in the morning or seeds powder with water/milk