India's 1st IRDAI Approved Insurance Web Aggregator

Aviva Life Insurance gets ISO certification

Last Updated: Sep 09, 2011 | 2354 Views

Aviva Life Insurance Company has received ISO 9001: 2008 certification for quality excellence. ISO 9001:2008 is an internationally recognized quality management system standard and Aviva Life Insurance is one of the few BSFI organizations in India to have achieved this milestone.
This certification demonstrates Aviva’s commitment to meeting globally recognized management system requirements.

In order to qualify for ISO 9001: 2008 certification, Aviva Life Insurance met rigorous standards in quality management system, management system documentation review, pre-audit, initial assessment and clearance of all non-conformities by Aviva India. The process which went on for about 6 months culminated in a comprehensive two-day registration audit by BSI.

"We are happy to achieve this accreditation and more importantly establish an internal focus and commitment to quality and of continuous improvement. It has been a great experience and we look forward to delight our customers even more in the future,” said T R Ramachandran, CEO and MD, Aviva India.

Commenting on the achievement,  Snehil Gambhir, COO, Aviva India, said,“We have analyzed and enhanced multiple aspects of Aviva’s operations resulting in many improvements to both what we do and how we do it. I believe that we are now a more efficient and agile organization as a result of the quality journey we have embarked on."

Aviva India, is a joint venture between one of the country’s oldest and largest groups, Dabur, and Aviva plc, the UK's largest insurance group. Dabur India owns 74% stakes in the insurance venture while the remaining 26% is owned by Aviva Plc. Life insurance products of Aviva India include a variety of child insurance plans, savings plans, retirement or pension plans, protection plans and health plans.
 

The insurer is in talks with Syndicate Bank to sell 30% of its stakes to the state-run lender. Aviva India’s business focus has been driven by a quality led business model focused on Bancassurance. It has bancassurance partnership with DBS, Punjab & Sind Bank, Royal Bank of Scotland Group and IndusInd Bank.
 

Leave a Comment

Important: Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation | © 2009-2021 MyInsuranceClub.com