SBI Motor Private Car Insurance
SBI Car Insurance by SBI General Insurance Company is the most trusted general insurer in India which is a joint venture between State Bank of India owning 74% of the total and Insurance Australia Group ( IAG) holding the rest of 26%. State Bank of India is the country’s largest and foremost leading commercial bank in terms profit, balance sheet, deposits, customer base and last but not the least its hue network of branches. IAG is a pioneer in general insurance company mainly in Australia, New Zealand and Asia which underwrites almost A$11 billion of premium every year.
Car is treated as the one of the important treasured possession in anybody’s life. In today’s busy world, almost every individual needs their own mode of transportation in order to have a smooth and a independent life and hence car is a necessity. Therefore, protecting the car or his or her vehicle is of utmost important. The protection can be done against risks like natural calamities and other dangers like theft etc. Not only can this, but third party damage or loss and legal proceedings also be taken care by the car insurance plans. Hence, its absolutely necessary that every car owner must have a car insurance plan and moreover the same has been mandated by law as well. SBI General Insurance has come up with tailor made car insurance plans which fits the necessities and provisions that an individual might needs for his or her vehicle.
SBI Car Insurance Plan at a Glance
||Coverage and Benefits
|Third Party Coverage
||It Protects against any legal liability arising out of an accident
|Incurred Claim Ratio
|Personal accident Insurance
||Up to 2 Lakhs
||1500+network of garages in India
|No Claim Bonus
Why does one needs Car Insurance Plans?
Accidents can happen at any point of time and so does the natural calamities. No can predict either of these but can certainly protect the vehicles from the uncertainties and related loss or damage by availing insurance plans. A good car insurance plan can shield or guard the vehicles and the insured individual not only from accidents and natural calamities but also from risks arises from the third party damages and loss. Moreover, its absolutely mandatory under the Motor Vehicles Act to have a car insurance plan.
Hence, SBI General Insurance provides a wide-ranging car insurance plans which shields vehicles from any risks.
Here we will see an over view of SBI Car Insurance Plan.
Why SBI Car Insurance Plans?
- Profile based personalized pricing
- One can avail discount if aged between 36-60 years
- Options add-ons like nil depreciation return to invoice etc.
Features and Benefits of SBI Car Insurance Policy
Return to invoice: Under this plan, the Company will pay the monetary deficit
- Personal Accident: The Motor Insurance Plan provides a compulsory Personal Accident Plan of Rs 2 lakhs for individual owners which are available if the owner holds a valid driving license while driving. However, this is not applicable for company owned vehicle. The occupants in the vehicle at the time of the accident are also covered under the plan to a maximum Sum Insured of Rs 2 lakhs per person.
- Third Party Liability: This policy provides for legal liability coverage for the third party as well which is mandated by the law.
- Damage to vehicle due to natural calamities like storm, flood, etc. or any burglary, theft or act of terrorism
- Additional legal liabilities towards Paid Driver and employee: This plan also covers the additional legal liabilities towards paid driver employed during the accident of the vehicle and also the employees travelling or driving the vehicle
- Nil Depreciation: It ensures that one gets the full amount that he claims without any deduction of the depreciation value on parts of the car.
- No Claim Bonus Protection: The Company will sustain the No Claim Bonus on payment of additional premium provided :
- The vehicle is renewed with the company.
- Only one single claim was made during the policy tenure.
- The insured vehicle is repaired in a Garage which is authorized by the Company.
- The rate of No Claim Bonus at the time of renewal will be at par with the time prior to the loss he has incurred.
(if any), between the amount insured receives under Section I of the plan and the purchase price of the vehicle as confirmed in the Invoice of Sale or current replacement price of the new vehicle, whichever is less, in case the insured vehicle is a Total Loss /CTL following an accident or being stolen during the tenure of insurance and not recovered thereafter. The First time Registration
Charge as well as the Road tax which the insured has incurred on the insured vehicle will also be reimbursed by the Company. However, the insured vehicle should not be more than 2 years of old from the date of invoice or the date of registration whichever is earlier on the commencement of the plan.
Key Replacement Cost: Under this plan, the company will reimburse the cost of replacing the keys provided:
Loss of personal belongings: Under this plan, the Company will reimburse the loss of personal belongings provided:
- In case of lost or stolen keys, all other duplicate keys are to be deposited with the Company.
- The entire sets of old keys are to be deposited with the company in case the vehicle is broken at the time of burglary or attempted burglary.
- An FIR copy to be submitted with the Company confirming the date and the time of the incident.
- The replacement process will be done at any of the Garages authorized by the Company.
- All items replaced under this plan will be same type with respect to quality, standard or quantity with the one which were lost, stolen or replaced.
- It covers the personal belongings of the insured individual only.
- An FIR copy to be submitted with the Company confirming the date and the time of the incident along with the list of articles lost.
- The plan defines the Personal Belonging as items such as clothes and other articles of personal nature which includes jewelleries, mobile, laptop, audio/video tapes, CDs. However, it excludes money, securities, cheques, bank drafts, debit and credit cards, travel tickets, paintings, curios and items of similar nature.
- Any claim under this plan is subject to a precondition that there is a valid own damage or key replacement claim with respect of the insured vehicle which is already submitted and processed by the company under the plan.
- The maximum amount payable under the plan is RS 50000/- during the plan tenure. However each claim is subject to a
- deducible to Rs 5000/- for Laptop and Jewelleries and RS 2500/- for Mobiles and RS 500/- for the rest.
Inconvenience Allowance: Under this plan, the company will pay the Insured a daily cash benefit as mentioned in the schedule provided:
Daily cash benefit taken only for the time taken for the repair of the damages caused due to the accident subject to a maximum period of 10 days.
The repairs should be carried out in Garages authorized by the Company only.
The deductible mentioned in the schedule will be reduced from the eligible days of benefit for each and every claim under the plan.
The plan is applicable only for the first two own damage claims during the plan tenure.
Bonus and Discount on SBI car Insurance Policy
No Claim Bonus ( NCB) : If n claim is made during the plan tenure, then a No Claim Bonus is offered on renewals subject to a maximum of 50% and the policy is renewed within 90 days of the expiry date of the previous policy. Another advantage is one can transfer the No Claim Bonus and its full benefits when one shifts from one Car Insurance Plan to the other Car Insurance Plan of any other company.
Voluntary Excess Discount: An attractive and a further discount on the premium is applicable if one opt for a Voluntary Excess in addition to the Compulsory Excess.
Exclusions under SBI General Car Insurance Policy
SBI General Car Insurance Plans have some exclusion which one should be well-known with so that there is clear understanding of the plans and one is absolutely doubt free while applying for the same. Any loss/damage to the vehicle to its accessories will not be covered if caused due to the following reasons:
- Normal wear, tear and general ageing of the vehicle.
- Depreciation or any consequential loss.
- Any loss or damage to the vehicle to its accessories
- Mechanical and electrical breakdown.
- Vehicle used for any other reason other than as specified in the plan.
- Damage to or by a person driving the vehicle without a valid driving license.
- Loss or damage due to war, mutiny or nuclear risk.
- Driving after consumption of alcohol or drugs.