ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection–Critical Care Plan

ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection-Critical Care covers up to 30 critical illnesses (extended plan). It also gives the option to choose how the policyholder would like the payout to be (lump sum or staggered).

The policy offers a Sum Insured of up to  Rs 3 Crores*. Eligibility of the Sum Insured will be determined based on your income, with the maximum being 10 times of annual income.
For non-earning family members, the sum insured is limited to a maximum of 60% of the earning member for covering the spouse. For a dependent child, parents, in-laws, and siblings, it’s 30% of earning member’s sum insured

Entry age is from 18 to 65 years.

day-care-treatment-overview icon
Relationships Covered
earn-and-burn-overview icon
Claims Payout Options
health-services-overview icon
Critical Illnesses Covered
Compare this plan with other Health Plans
Select City
By clicking “Show Premiums”, I authorize MyInsuranceClub to Call/Message & agree to Terms of Use

Key Features

Requirement of medical tests

Will be determined based on your age, plan, sum insured and medical history.Deciding the premium: The premium will depend on the plan, sum insured and policy tenure along with your age, gender and health status. You have an option to avail an annual premium instalment for 2 and 3 years policy.

Policy period options are 1, 2 or 3 years.

Relationships Covered

This policy will cover self, spouse, dependent parents and dependent parents in laws in addition to dependent children, dependent grandchildren and dependent siblings up to the age of 25 yearsFamily discount: There will be a 10% discount on the premium amount for enrolling more than 2 family members under a single policy.Long Term discount: There will be a 7.5% discount on selecting 2 years and 10% discount on selecting 3 years on a single premium policy


Critical Illnesses Covered: Basic Plan covers first 15 and Enhanced Plan covers all 30 Critical Illnesses.

1. Cancer of specific severity
2. First Heart Attack – of Specific Severity
3. Open Chest CABG
4. Open Heart Replacement or Repair of Heart Valves
5. Coma of Specified Severity
6. Kidney Failure Requiring Regular Dialysis
7. Stroke Resulting in Permanent Symptoms
8. Major Organ / Bone Marrow Transplant
9. Permanent Paralysis of Limbs
10. Motor Neurone Disease with Permanent Symptoms
11. Multiple Sclerosis with Persisting Symptoms
12. Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
13. Aorta Graft Surgery
14. Loss of Hearing
15. Loss of Sight
16. Coronary Artery Disease
17. Aplastic Anaemia
18. End Stage Lung Disease
19. End Stage Liver Failure
20. Major Burns
21. Fulminant Hepatitis
22. Alzheimer’s Disease
23. Bacterial Meningitis
24. Benign Brain Tumor
25. Apallic Syndrome
26. Parkinsons Disease
27. Medullary Cystic Disease
28. Muscular Dystrophy
29. Loss of Speech
30. Systemic Lupus Erythematous

Claim Process


You can select between two claim payout options:
Lump Sum Payout – Under this, the full sum insured will be paid upon diagnosis of the covered critical illnessStaggered Payout – On occurrence of a Critical Illness, 25% of the sum insured will be paid as lump sum. The remaining 75% and additional 10% of sum insured will be paid in 60 equated monthly installments. You also have the flexibility to opt for a lump sum payout at the time of claim settlement, if you so desire.* Sum Insured above Rs. 3 Crores will be considered on case to case basis.