Religare Care Freedom Plan
Religare Care Freedom is a comprehensive health insurance plan aimed at providing health insurance to all people of all ages. This plan pays for medical expenses incurred by the policyholder due to any injury, illness or accident. The entry age is 90 days and there is no upper limit for entry into the plan which has life-long renewability option. The plan covers all expenses (prior and post) incurred during hospitalization, day-care treatments (that do not require hospitalization), health check-up and much more.
- Entry level age is 90 days and there is no cap on the upper limit
- 2 year wait for pre-existing disease instead of 4 years
- Get annual health check-up for insured members - regardless of claims history
- Ease of cashless treatment & settlement of claims directly by the company
- Get automatic policy recharge if claim amount exhausts your coverage, at no extra cost
- Insurance coverage upto Rs. 5 lakh
- Cashless Hospitalization Policy Term options of 1, 2 or 3 years
- Companion benefit of upto Rs 15,000 per day
- Free look period of 15 days from the receipt of policy documents
- Tax benefit on premiums paid under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961
- Avail a discount on your premium if you opt for a 2-year policy term or a 3-year policy term
Eligibility and Restrictions
|Sum Assured (in Rs)
|Policy Term (in Years)
|Waiting Period for Making Claims
||30 days except for case related to injury
|Waiting Period for Pre-existing Illness
||30 days from date of expiry
What does the plan cover?
Hospitalization expenses such as room rent, nursing expenses, ICU charges, surgeon’s fees, doctor’s fees, anesthesia, blood, oxygen, operation theater charges, etc.
Day care treatment:
Medical expenses incurred if hospitalization is less than 24 hours.
Pre and Post hospitalization:
Medical expenses incurred 30 days immediately before hospitalization will be covered. Expenses incurred up to 60 days after being discharged from the hospital such as follow-up visits to medical practitioner, medication, etc. will be covered.
Charges of Ambulance provided by the hospital or any service provider will be reimbursed.
Out-of-pocket expenses such as transportation, attendant’s cost, etc. while visiting the hospital or doctor are also provided. A lump sum amount for each completed day of hospitalization is paid as Daily Allowance.
Organ Donor Cover:
Medical expenses incurred by an organ donor while undergoing the organ transplant surgery if the organ is for the use of the insured person.
If the insured is suffering from a major illness as stated in the policy and wants to take a second opinion from any other doctor then Religare arranges the same free of cost. This 2nd opinion is available to each of the members covered every year for each illness.
Medical expenses incurred by the insurer for treatment at home will be reimbursed. The medical treatment should be for a period exceeding 3 consecutive days and should merit hospitalization.
Annual Health Checkup:
The policy pays for annual health check-up of the insured and those family members who are not covered as policyholder’s child under the policy. Medical tests covered in the health check-up are as follows:
Recharge of Sum Assured:
- Complete Blood Count with ECR Urine Routine
- Blood Group
- Lipid Profile
- Fasting Blood Sugar
- Kidney Function Test
If the Sum Assured in the policy is exhausted due to claims made, then the company reinstates the entire sum assured once in the policy year. This reinstated amount can be used for future claims, not related to the illness / injury for which the claim has already been made during the same year.
What is not covered?
- Expenses arising out of self-inflicted injury. For e.g. – An attempt to commit suicide.
- Any pre-existing ailment/injury that was diagnosed/received within 48 months prior to issuance of the first policy
- Medical expenses incurred for treatment of AIDS
- Non-allopathic treatment
- Cost of spectacles/contact lenses, dental treatment
- All Psychiatrist and Psychosomatic disorder
Government has made provisions to avail tax benefit on the premium you pay towards your health insurance U/S 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961, as applicable. (Tax benefits are subject to changes in the tax laws, please consult your tax advisor for more details)
Health plans from other insurance companies:
- National Insurance parivar mediclaim policy for family
- United India Insurance Family Medicare Policy
- Cigna TTK Prohealth Protect Health Insurance