India's 1st IRDAI Approved Insurance Web Aggregator

LIC Jeevan Adhar Policy

  •  views
  •  views
This plan has been withdrawn by the insurance company and is no longer available for sale.

 

LIC Jeevan Aadhar Plan

LIC Jeevan Aadhar Plan is a special category plan as it is a Life Insurance Policy especially for Handicapped dependents. It is basically a Limited Payment Whole Life Plan which can be utilized as a long term annuity plan after the death of the Life Insured.

In this plan, premium needs to be paid for a maximum period of 35 years but the life cover continues till the death of the handicapped dependent. If the Life Insured dies before the handicapped dependent, the Death Benefit is paid partly in lumpsum and partly in instalments. 20% of the Sum Assured is paid in Lumpsum and the remaining amounts of 80% of the Sum Assured along with additions are utilized to purchase an annuity certain for 15 years which continues as long as the handicapped dependent is alive.

However, if the handicapped dependent dies before the Life Insured and during the premium paying term of the policy, the Life Insurance contract ends and the Life Assured will have the option of either keeping the policy for a reduced paid-up Sum Assured or receive the refund of premiums.

Since this is a whole life plan, there is no maturity benefit under this plan.
Hence this plan is a Limited Payment Whole Life cum Annuity plan with Guaranteed Additions which caters to the needs and requirements of a handicapped dependent.

 

 

Key Features of LIC Jeevan Adhar Plan

  • This plan is basically a whole life plan for handicapped dependents.
  • The premium depends on the age of the handicapped dependent, which is defined.
  • The Death Benefit of the Life Insured for the handicapped dependent is 20% of the Sum Assured as lumpsum benefit and the remaining 80% along with additions would be utilized to provide an annuity for 15 years and then lifelong for the handicapped dependent.
  • This plan has limited premium paying term of a maximum of 35 years.
  • There are Guaranteed Additions if at least 10 years’ premiums have been paid
  • Terminal Additions are also provided in this plan
  • Optional higher cover through Accident Benefit rider

 

Benefits you get from LIC Jeevan Adhar Plan

Death Benefit – In case of death of the Life Insured when the Handicapped dependent is alive, 20% of the Sum Assured is paid as a lumpsum to take care of immediate expenses. The remaining 80% of the Sum Assured + Guaranteed Additions + Terminal Additions is utilized to provide an annuity certain for 15 years and life thereafter of the handicapped dependant though a trustee or a nominee. The actual Annuity is calculated at the time of claim.

If the handicapped dependent dies before the Life Insured and during the premium paying term, then the policy ceases and the Life Insured has an option of either continuing the policy for a reduced paid-up Sum Assured or receive the refund of premiums and terminate the plan.

Maturity Benefit – Since this is a Whole Life Plan, there is no Maturity Benefit.

Income Tax Benefit – Premiums paid under life insurance policy are exempted from tax under Section 80DDA

 

Eligibility conditions and other restrictions in LIC Jeevan Adhar Plan

 

Minimum

Maximum

Sum Assured (in Rs.)

50,000

No Limit

Policy Term (in years)

Whole Life

Premium Payment Term (in years)

1

35

Entry Age of Policyholder

22

65

Age at Maturity

-

75

Payment modes

Single, Yearly, Half-Yearly, Quarterly, Monthly and SSS

 

 

Sample illustration of premium of LIC Jeevan Adhar Plan

The below illustration is for a healthy Male opting for a Sum Assured = Rs 1,00,000 and Premium Paying Term = 25 years respectively.

Age of handicapped dependent = 1 year

LIC Jeevan Adhar Policy Sample Premium

 

Additional Features and Benefits of LIC Jeevan Adhar Plan

Riders – There is 1 Additional Riders available - Accident Benefit Rider

 

What happens if?

You stop paying the premium – If you stop paying the premiums after 3 policy years, the policy acquires a Paid Up Value for a Reduced Sum Assured.

You want to surrender the policy – There is no Guaranteed Benefit under this plan

You want a loan against your policy – Loan facility is not available under this policy

 

Leave a Comment

Important: Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation | © 2009-2020 MyInsuranceClub.com